Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thanks a lot Ike.

This is the last e-mail I got from my mom. She e-mailed me from home because we rarely get to have a full conversation over the phone! So here it is!

Hi Everyone!Update on our plans! Last night, one of my best friends, that lives in Houston (Teresa) called and said that they were saying on the news that M.D. Anderson was closed because of water issues. So, I picked up the phone and called the hospital and actually reached a person! She told me that they would be making a decision at noon on Sunday if they were going to reopen on Monday. So on Sunday morning we updated Dan (the pilot), apologized for being such a pain because we've only changed plans 57 times! He was his usual wonderful, pleasant self and said no problem! At 10:30 I went ahead and called just to see if maybe someone already knew something. I was on hold for 10 minutes and talked to a really nice girl who when I asked how she was doing she informed me she had been there since Thursday and that a tree had went through the back of her house and she just wanted to go home! She said they were in a meeting at that moment to decide whether they would be open for appointments tomorrow and to call back at noon. I thought I would try, didn't work! I just felt so bad that we weren't giving Dan much notice. At noon, I called and was on hold for 20 minutes. The lady I talked to this time said that they were not having appointments Monday and to call back tomorrow to see if they might be on Tuesday. At this point, Steph will just have to call and try to reschedule. I will let you all know when we have plan #58!

Love,Cheryl

So there you have it! I will post as soon as I hear anything new!

No comments: