Saturday, September 5, 2009

As many of you know, things around here seem to be slightly out of control. At least that is what I would have said a few years ago. With my Uncle Gary's diagnosis of pancreatic cancer and his passing just 65 days later, we were devastated. But let me just tell you, the moments and days that came after his passing were not what I thought they would be. I am surrounded by people who know that our lives are NEVER out of control as long as we trust in the Lord with everything we have. HE is in control and it is obvious as I watch my family heal. One of the most amazing things has been watching so many people come to our aid, Steph being one of them. I can't say enough how truly blessed I feel to be part of this family. I should also make very clear that family doesn't just include those in my bloodline. We have a habit of "adopting" people and we have very special friends who we consider family....for example the Phillips family! (among others!)

Because of the funeral, Steph changed her chemo day to Wednesday so that she could help my mom. Without her and our dear friend Pam (a.k.a. Mimi) the day would have not ran as smoothly...AT ALL! Chemo seems to be really packing a punch on our girl right now. So please pray that it gets better. Steph is SO tough so it's hard to see her feel so bad. She is a fighter and she is fighting harder than ever before. Pray for strength and complete healing!!

No comments: