Saturday, May 1, 2010

The line.

Okay, I lied. I was hoping to have this little surprise done by next week, but it's not looking good. (So keep sending stuff in!!) I need more time. She deserves more time. And quite honestly, this is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Not because I lack pictures, I have thousands. Not because I lack the desire, I can't wait to see this finished project as I know the joy it will bring will be immeasurable. It is because I am overwhelmed by emotions. There is a perfect black line drawn right down the middle of this project. On one side we were carefree. On the other side, our lives were changed forever. My heart aches when I look back at the pictures before Steph was diagnosed. Things were not perfectly simple by any means, but they were so different. I start to get angry and then I keep looking. I sat tonight and stared at a picture of us on the day of her wedding. She was beautiful in her big white dress. Her something old and borrowed was my jewelry that I had just worn months before when I walked down the aisle. The memories came back like a flood. I am not angry. I am thankful. I am thankful for those memories and thankful that we are making new ones everyday. I am thankful that God has given her new strength like she's never had before! Thankful that God has given her the strength to fight for a new line.

No comments: