Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Success!

As I pulled into the parking lot of my Alma mater this evening I was still a little frazzled from wrestling my "little" ones into their clothes, out of the toilet (just Cohen, new fixation) and into the car. When I finally put the truck into park and took a second to look around, I realized I had severely underestimated the magnitude of this fundraiser. I couldn't help but wonder if there was something else going on at the same time. However, as I opened the door and was greeted by the sounds of the KHS drumline, I knew this was going to be great! I don't even know where to start. Thank you so much to each and every person who made tonight possible. I know that the Kickapoo students already had a vested interest and know Coach Phillips personally. We are so thankful that you were all there in full force tonight! To the Glendale clan, we also know that you worked so hard to get the interest going for our cause. Thank you to everyone who helped with the video and all of the PR for this event. (Leslie Helfrect & Gary Prouty are just 2 that I know personally!!) Thanks to each student who made the trip tonight. You should all (GHS & KHS) be so proud of the way that you conducted yourselves tonight! A true class act! Thanks to all of the teachers who sacrificed their bodies tonight for a great cause. Might I suggest some pain relievers tonight before hitting the hay?! You all did a great job! The best part of the night was after the 3rd quarter. Mr. Loudis presented the Phillips family with a box containing the proceeds from the festivities. Drew got to open it up to reveal.......$4000.00! AMAZING! We are so thankful and want everyone to know that we are already helping other families that are dealing with cancer right now. On behalf of the Phillips family and the Stephanie Phillips Foundation THANK YOU to every single person who made tonight such a success. God Bless and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Steph,
To hear what a success last night was is truly awesome! I'm glad to hear that it was a great night and it sounds like everyone had fun! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Good Luck with b-ball, I'll keep up with your season, probably won't make it to any games (always going to Fair Grove- to be supportive wife)but hope the sesaon goes well for you and your girls. I'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Jeremy and Natalie