Sunday, May 18, 2008

"We must destroy it."

My mom and I had picked Claire and Drew up from school a few weeks ago and then took them for ice cream. I don't remember what we were talking about, but Drew just said "We must destroy it." We asked him what he was talking about. He looked up and said, "Well, that's what Peter Parker says to Dr. Octavius." We aren't exactly sure what brought it up, but we couldn't agree more! In honor of Drew who LOVES superheros, check out the new poll and cast your vote!

Drew understands that Mommy is sick (even though sometimes it is hard for him to REALLY understand because she doesn't look or act sick.) and that she has an oncologist that is going to make her better. Doctors have been a part of his life since the minute he was born and he goes to the cardiologist on a regular basis. He has visited my dad in the hospital on NUMEROUS occasions and loves to go to his appointments with him. He even got to go to the doctor with my mom which NEVER EVER happens, because she NEVER goes to the doctor! (She did find out she had an ear infection, sinus infection and pneumonia!!) My point...doctors are a regular part of his life so it hasn't really worried him that Mommy goes all the time!

STEPH, is doing well. The first few days of radiation were a little rough, but she is adjusting. She got to run the bases with Drew at his first tee ball game and I will post pictures very soon, because they are priceless. They are all having a great time participating in Drew's first REAL TEAM! He told Steph that he really wished Claire was on his team. Maybe next year Drew! Which brings me to my cute story for the day.

Steph: "Drew, is Riley your new girlfriend?"
Drew: "No Mom, I'm just havin' fun with her!"
Steph: "So who is your girlfriend?"
Drew: "CLAIRE is my girlfriend! I will ALWAYS love Claire."

I'm telling you! Mark your calendars for the summer of 2028! It will be the wedding of the century!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Round those bases. Go for a home run. Destroy that cancer! Go, team, go!