Monday, October 13, 2008

The latest

Steph called from Houston after her appointment this morning. She asked my mom, "How do you feel about more chemo?" My mom, forever the optimist, says, "OH sure! I've missed the bonding time with you!" Steph doesn't share her enthusiasm but appreciates it nonetheless. They found another tumor on or around her ovary. It is 2x3 centimeters so they don't want to remove it surgically because there is a very good chance there is more cancer around the area that is too small to show up on the scan. The tumor was not there in April. However, the last scan that was done in Springfield did not go down far enough to tell if it was there then.

So, it's more chemo. The good news is that the chemo will be different so hopefully she won't experience the numbness and sensitivity to cold like she did last time. The bad news is, she gets to go back into full on tourist mode with a fanny pack! She is very anxious to get home and thanks to Stan (her pilot), Dan and Shelly...she will be doing so tonight! I will leave you with this.

JESUS DRAW ME EVER NEARER
Jesus, draw me ever nearer
As I labor through the storm;
You have called me to this passage,
And I'll follow, though I'm worn.

May this journey bring a blessing.
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.

Jesus guide me through the tempest
Keep my spirit staid and sure;
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.

May this journey bring a blessing.
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go -
And at the end of this long passage
Let me leave them at Your throne.

By Keith and Kristyn Getty~ Ireland.
This poem reminded me that God is forever faithful. As we fully trust in His plan, He will use each experience to mold us in His image. We MUST trust in Him. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Us said...

Still praying for Steph! God is good, all the time! What a beautiful poem for inspiration that God is forever in control.