Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Results Tomorrow

Is there something you do in the evenings that is a complete time suck? For me, it's the computer. I sit, play games, shop and waste time on facebook. I enjoy it. It is my reward for working hard all day. When the kids are in bed and all is quiet, I like to sit and do mindless "junk" on the internet. Sometimes I blog and catch up on other blogs, but mostly...I waste time. Tonight I am going to give up my computer time because there is something so much more important to do. Pray. I have a list of things that need some serious attention. At the top of the list is Steph. So would you please join me tonight? Steph has an appointment tomorrow to discuss the results of her scan and a new plan of action. This is a big one.

But guess what??

God already knows the outcome. He knows her story. He knows exactly what is going to be said at that appointment tomorrow. Then why pray?? Well, I recently read a VERY lengthy blog post HERE about that very question. Long story short, she suggests we cannot CHANGE God's mind by praying...we can only draw nearer to Him so that we may be at peace with the results that HE has chosen. So I will pray. Please join me!

No comments: