Monday, March 14, 2011

God is Good...ALL of the time.

July 10th, 2010. A day I will never forget. A day when I faced my greatest fear. My fear of losing someone close to me. She was close...and she was leaving. I kissed her that morning and knew it would be the last time. Someone else very close to me shared a moment with her as well. My sister-in-love Ashley, fought back the urge to whisper in her ear, "I'm pregnant." She fought back the urge because scientifically speaking, it was too early to really know. There had been no test, no pink lines and no reason to really believe that she was with child, other than the fact that she felt it in her heart. Ashley knew in her heart. Moments later, I am sure our maker shared the news with Steph. I can just see Him taking her aside and letting her in on His little secret that we were not yet privy to.

On the morning we were to lay our precious friend to rest, Ashley woke up to find herself CERTAIN that she was carrying a miracle. A few days later, the pink lines confirmed her suspicions. When she told the family we were thrilled. We also KNEW it was going to be a girl...and it is. SHE is.

As I have watched Ashley's belly grow, I am in awe. I remember when Steph was expecting Drew, Miss Rosanne from Riverbluff said to her, "When you hold that baby in your arms for the first time, it will be impossible NOT to believe in God." Truer words were never spoken. All of our children are amazing gifts. We KNOW that each one was made just for us and their arrival was planned for the perfect time. The amazing thing about this baby....we think we know WHY. We know that at the very moment God was preparing Steph for her journey home, he was forming this precious angel in her mother's womb. She is a little gift, just like the rest of our little babes...but also a constant STRONG reminder that He is forever faithful. He will never leave us. He will always provide. He is good...ALL of the time.

I pray that little Elise Susanne will know how special she is....and how amazing her namesake was. Godspeed little one...we will see you before the weeks end. Aunt Kiki loves you already!

No comments: