Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tragic

Last night Scot's step-mom told me that the Girls Varsity coach from Bradleyville was killed in a car accident. Troy Hays died yesterday when the car he was traveling in hit a trash truck that was parked on the side of the road. He has a little boy who is 1 year old. It always makes me sick to my stomach when I hear something like this. Being a mother changes your perspective so much. It wasn't until this morning that I learned he was riding with the boys Varsity coach Brad Briscoe. I met Brad our Freshman year at SMSU. We lived in the same dorm and became friends. I haven't seen him since he lived down the street from me on Meadowmere so I was VERY shocked to hear his name this morning. It is just so tragic for everyone involved. I have experienced how close the coaching community is during Steph's battle so I felt it very necessary to mention this coach and his family. To Ashley & T.J. in Bradleyville, may God be with you during this time and may you find comfort in his presence. To the basketball girls, you are in our prayers as well. We know there is a special bond between player and coach. Honor him and do what you can to help his family. Brad, you are also in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: