Monday, July 14, 2008

Up Up and Away!

Last night Steph got a special treat! This year for my Mom's birthday my Dad got her a hot air balloon ride. They called yesterday and said the weather was just right and that they would be going up that night. My mom called Steph and told her the plan and insisted that she come with Scot and the boys to watch them take off. Just as they were about to hop on board, my dad said, "Well Steph, better get ready because you are going up!" She was completely surprised! So Steph and my mom took off in Springfield and landed at Nixa Jr. High. They said it was an amazing experience. I will post pics when I get them from my mom but I just wanted to share with everyone! I also wanted to thank Rick and Karen Hewlett from Rick's Automotive and our DEAR friends Pam and Steve White who made last night possible. You have no idea how special it was for my Mom and Steph to finally share an experience that didn't involve cancer, chemo or radiation. Thank you! And of course, thank you Lord for the beautiful evening and a safe landing!

No comments: