Saturday, March 14, 2009

Miracles happen.

We have had a very busy week! Mom and I painted Scot and Steph's basement on Tuesday and Wednesday. Can I just say that painting with 3 kids ages five and under is NOT the easiest task! However, it was worth it because the basement looks great and the Phillips family loves it!
The kids had a great time playing and we felt SO productive.

On Wednesday, Steph brought us China Wok for lunch and then hung around for a bit before she had to run some errands. We chatted about little things, shared funny stories about the kids and discussed the new decor. For a moment...just a moment...I almost forgot that she is sick. Then I went to throw something away and hanging above the trash can is the Colon Cancer Alliance calendar. Normally I would be able to find the humor in the fact that they call it a "Colondar" but for once, dry humor was lost on me.

I went home and was very quiet. The kids were in bed early so I had a lot of quiet time that evening. I recently read an article about the decline in the number of people who believe in God. It was surprising to me, given our current economic situation, that the number is on the DECLINE. How people deal with the heavy stuff on their own without faith, is beyond me. It outlined different religions and denominations so I went to mine to see what the author had to say. One of the things he pointed out was that we believe in modern day miracles. Hmmm. No one sat me down at church and said, "To be a member here, you must believe in miracles." I just do. I started reading THIS blog when she was pregnant.

(I copied this off of her blog regarding baby Stellan) "In the womb, he was diagnosed with heart failure: premature atrial contractions at 20 weeks; supraventricular tachycardia, hydrops, and intermittent advanced secondary heart block at 23 weeks; and enlargement of the heart at 32 weeks. When the doctors told us at 24 weeks that our very ill baby would surely die, we chose to give our son completely to God, for He alone knows best. We have not stopped praising our Lord since then, for MckMuffin was healed and was born a well and whole full-term baby...with dimples!! "

I am quite positive that these doctors weren't just making all that up. He was a sick baby and GOD performed a miracle in his tiny body. I am POSITIVE that God is working a miracle in Steph's body as well. I KNOW that she will be healed. I just know it. I have never felt something so strong before. I know that so many people are watching. Keep watching. I have faith that you are witnessing a miracle.

I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.

I will meditate on all your works

and consider all your mighty deeds.

Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?

You are the God who performs miracles;

you display your power among the peoples.
Psalm 77: 11-14

Next week chemo will be on Thursday. They wanted her to go a day early so she will have a little more time before she takes off for Houston the week of spring break. Keep praying people.
Meditate on His works and trust with all your heart that He will heal Stephanie.

No comments: