Saturday, March 13, 2010

A little note of thanks.


Two years ago, I wrote THIS post about a special group of girls who collectively go by the name of the Kickapoo Lady Chiefs. I have to write another similar post. The end of the season is here and I was thrilled to be in Columbia as they celebrated their third place win at the state tournament. It was a great win. You could see it written all over the faces of these precious girls. They were going to WIN. They played with intensity, courage and grace. After the game, one of the mothers came to me and thanked me for what I do. Even though it is hard for me to consider what I do worthy of thanks, I thanked her. But more importantly I thanked HER for raising such a fine young lady. I didn't get a chance to tell anyone else so I will do it here.
To the parents of the Lady Chiefs,
Thank you all. Thank you for your support over these past few years. Most of all, thank you for your girls. You have all raised a phenomenal group of ladies. They conduct themselves with such poise. They are so special to us. I may not have spent hours upon hours with them, like Steph, but I know how she talks about them. They are so very special to her. They are, after all, "her girls" too. As Steph said many times, "They need me and I need them." Truer words were never spoken. You have all been a blessing.
Love,
Us.

No comments: