Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Good News

What a wonderful morning it was at Riverbluff Fellowship this morning. Pastor Scott delivered in true Watson fashion. He spoke about the "Good News!" It was, as usual, just what we needed to hear. In our lives we are inundated with bad news. The news rarely reports anything good. The economy...bad news. The war....bad news. Cancer....bad news. Poverty, famine, abuse, neglect....it's all bad news. But guess what? I have some good news for you that will ALWAYS be the same. It will always be GOOD.

God sent His only son to this earth to die for our sins.
We are FREE because of Jesus.

That's some pretty good news. News that we must focus on during the tough times.

I was doing well keeping my emotions in check. Until Claire turned to me and we had the following conversation.

Claire: "Mommy, I want to go with Nanny."
Me: "No, remember we talked about how Nanny and Papa are going with Steph and Scot to the doctor in Houston."
Claire: "Well, then I want to go with Steph."
Me: "No, you can't go with her but when we miss them we can say a prayer for them."

I then diverted her attention to the advent calendar at home waiting for her, and all was well. She then turned to Steph, hugged her tight and said, "I will be praying for you Steph." This momma was so proud. We hugged and loved on everyone and sent the crew off to Houston.

I spoke with them at about 6 and they were 100+ miles from Texarkana which is where they are staying the night. They said the boys are being ABSOLUTE angels. No doubt due to the numerous prayers being sent up on their behalf. They stopped in a little town at a flea market because they saw Santa. Drew wanted to get out and talk to him. He came back to the truck and reported that Santa talked really funny. (They were in Arkansas!!!)

I will be posting updates often. In the meantime, I will be cuddling up with my family and trying to stay warm. I just got home from the store where I bought WAY too much food in anticipation of a storm! (Which by the way, I shopped with the entire town of Ozark this evening!!)

No comments: