Monday, October 15, 2007

It's real

First I will start by saying Steph is feeling a little nauseous today but the weekend wasn't too bad. Friday was a weird day. It was weird for me because I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to be pumped full of, for the lack of a better term, crap that you have no idea how it is really going to affect your body. I also struggled because....now it's real. It's real that Steph was the first one in the office Friday morning and the last to leave. It's real that she will be there for 6 months to a year and the lady next to her goes 4 times total. It's real that it was hard for her to hold Levi this weekend because her port is on the left side and she is hooked up for days. It's real that our lives are forever changed. It's real. I apologize if this part of the blog is a downer but this is real. Our tears are real. Our hurt is real. Our confusion is real. Our pain is real. BUT! Our God is real. Our Faith is real. Our hope is real. Our love is real. We will see Steph through because she is a very important part of our world. She WILL WIN. But I relate this to the old days when I used to play volleyball. In order to get to the big games and win them, we had to do 2 and 3 a days during the last (HOTTEST) weeks of summer. No one liked ALL of the practices and I'm pretty sure we would have done anything to avoid running the dreaded MILE, but we did it for the love of the game. And there is no doubt in my mind that Steph will do this for the loves of her life. Whew! Now that I have that off my chest, here's a few more stories from this weekend.

Steph's nurse gave her a prescription for anti-nausea meds that she said should do the trick. Thank the good Lord that her insurance covered it! She paid $18 and saved.....$501!!! (for 20 pills) She also noticed as soon as she took a bite of food with Ranch dressing on it that things are tasting different so I will let you all know if she finds something that she can't stomach if you are bringing food! She said it is amazing how good a glass of ice water sounds when you know you can't have it! You also don't realize how much easier it is to get a cold drink than a lukewarm one! She also knew she had way to much time on her hands during chemo when she started really wondering what each persons story was. If you know Steph, you know that she doesn't usually concern herself with the business of other people, ESPECIALLY complete strangers. But, she found herself wondering about each person in there. Maybe cancer will make her as nosy as me and my Mom! (Doubt it!)

She was a trooper this weekend and was in her and Scot's cousin's wedding. She left the house at 9:30 am and got home at 10 pm and was able to participate in all of the wedding festivities! Jackie, being the beautiful and gracious bride that she is, took the time to honor Steph and her battle at different times during her big day. It was so thoughtful and it meant the world to Steph. Drew loved his tuxedo so much that he wore it ALL day, ALL night and he even slept in it. When I say slept in it I mean he slept in the shirt, pants, tie, coat and the shoes. He thought it was pretty neat. I promise to have pics up very soon! Thanks again for all of your support. It means so much to all of us. God Bless and keep sending up prayers!!!

No comments: